Friday, March 12, 2010

Dinner at Home: Mom's Roast Chicken

Ian decided he wants to start watching his cholesterol so the other night I thought I would make my mom's roast chicken breasts that we had virtually every week growing up. I put a little bit of a twist on it by using fresh rosemary instead of dried tarragon, which I stuffed under the skin with sliced garlic and a dab of butter. I used Lawry's seasoning salt on top, which my family puts on anything that moos or clucks. The chicken was juicy and the skin got nice and crispy, so I think my mom would be proud. As a side we had sauteed hericot vert and the cutest little potatoes from Trader Joe's. Ian was happy and said I didn't have to sleep in the yard that night, so dinner was a success! (Just kidding, he didn't really say that)

Tonight's Food Rating: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment