Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Dinner

My husband is a really talented cook. I always say we're about even with one another in the kitchen but after the Valentine's meal he made me I'm going to have to say he's got me beat. He never uses a recipe (with the exception of dessert), his technique is much more refined than mine, and he's always able to get the finished dish to taste precisely the way he imagined it would. I guess I can't say that for sure but it definitely seems that way. I only get these four course meals on special occasions so he makes sure they always turn out great.


First Course: Carrot and Ginger Soup with Creme Fraiche and Cilantro....WOW


Second Course: Scallops (seared perfectly) over Parsnip Puree with Fried Parsnip Strips and Apple Cider Vinegar Beurre Blanc


Third Course: Braised Short ribs in Red Wine Gravy with Baby Root Vegetables and Parsley Stems


Dessert: Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Passion Fruit Gelee (passion fruit is my favorite!)

Here he is in the kitchen with Milton

Another great scallop dish he made last year:

No comments:

Post a Comment